Thursday, February 09, 2017

Weekly Reflection ~ (Term 1, Week 2 )

This term so far has been a great term. This year I am in T1 with Mr Wood. I think he is a great teacher. This week we have been focusing on maths.

This week I we had to make a graph to ask the class. I chose the question do you chew or suck on your chocolate. I made a google form and sent it to the class. Then I got the answers and created a pie graph. I liked doing this. My Next Step Learning would be how to create your own pie graph on paper because  this time I used an online site. Here is my pie chart.







We also had a challenge Mr Wood set us. We had to get are to rocket to get to the aliens and kill the before they get to earth. We could only use the number 1 time. I found it hard but in the end I completed it. I am proud of myself for not giving  up even when it was hard.











I have also been working on fractions. I can do fractions but in the test we did I found out I need to work on how to add and subtract with different denominates. I work on some maths buddy tasks and got Mr Wood to help me as well. I think it was hard at first but then I got the hang of it. 









For some fun maths to start the term we had to do our names in block letters and work out the area and perimeter of our names. I worked out for the area to break it into squares. Then Mr Wood said the squares were 7mm so I had to take .3 of. I had to use percentages and division to help me work out the answer. I like my art and I think it is cool. 



2 comments:

  1. Catlin you have set the benchmark! I know am going to enjoy challenging you this year. Your persistence to a task is remarkable! So proud for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr Wood. I can't wait to be challenged by you this year.

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Main Stars

This term I have done all my main stars and created a presentation about them. I have done all my main stars this year. I think I am going ...